I read the book of James this morning. I come across to an interesting line. It was James 2:14-15, 25. It says “If someone claims to have faith but has no deeds, can such faith save them? If faith isn’t accompanied by action, is dead. As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.”
With each new day that dawns I am growing up, O God. It is not too soon to start thinking of what I want to be. I think it is very hard to make right decision. But I pray that you will help and guide me, show me what to do and let me share my talents. When you show me, grant me courage to be generous enough to do what you want. Amen
O Jesus Christ, when all is darkness and we feel our weakness and helplessness, give us the sense of Your presence, Your love and Your strength.
Help us to have a perfect trust in Your protecting love and strengthening power so that nothing may frighten or worry us. For living close to you, we shall see Your hand, Your purpose and Your will through all things. Amen. ** By Saint Ignatius of Loyola
- O Jesus! meek and humble of heart, Hear me.
- From the desire of being esteemed, Deliver me, Jesus.
- From the desire of being loved, Deliver me, Jesus.
- From the desire of being extolled, Deliver me, Jesus.
- From the desire of being honored, Deliver me, Jesus.
- From the desire of being praised, Deliver me, Jesus.
- From the desire of being preferred to others, Deliver me, Jesus.
- From the desire of being consulted, Deliver me, Jesus.
- From the desire of being approved, Deliver me, Jesus.
- From the fear of being humiliated, Deliver me, Jesus.
- From the fear of being despised, Deliver me, Jesus.
- From the fear of suffering rebukes, Deliver me, Jesus.
- From the fear of being calumniated, Deliver me, Jesus.
- From the fear of being forgotten, Deliver me, Jesus.
- From the fear of being ridiculed, Deliver me, Jesus.
- From the fear of being wronged, Deliver me, Jesus.
- From the fear of being suspected, Deliver me, Jesus.
- That others may be loved more than I, Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.
- That others may be esteemed more than I, Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.
- That, in the opinion of the world, others may increase and I may decrease, Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.
- That others may be chosen and I set aside, Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.
- That others may be praised and I unnoticed, Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.
- That others may be preferred to me in everything, Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.
- That others may become holier than I, provided that I may become as holy as I should, Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.
The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom should I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life, of whom should I be afraid? When evildoer close in on me to devour my flesh, it is they, my adversaries and enemies, who stumble and fall.
Even if my army encamps against me, my heart will not succumb to fear; even if war breaks out against me, I will not have my trust shaken.
There is only one thing I ask of the Lord, just one thing I seek: to dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life so that I may enjoy the beauty of the Lord and the gaze of his temple.
For He will hide me in His shelter in times of trouble. He will conceal me under the cover of His tent and place me high upon a rock. I am confident that I will behold the goodness of the Lord in the land of living. Place your hope in Lord, be strong and courages in your heart, and place your hope in the Lord. Amen. (Psalm 27)
All the princes, governors, lieutenant governor and other official of the king gathered to look at the three men, who had not been harmed by fire. Their hair was not singed, their clothes were not burned and there was no smell of smoke on them.
The king said “Praise the God of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego. He sent this angel and resecued these men who serve and trust him. They disobeyed my orders and risked their lives rather than bow down and worship any other god, except their own God,”
And now I command that if any nation, race or language speaks disrespectfully to God of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, he is to be torn limb from limb, and his house is to be made a pile of ruins. There is no other God who can rescue like this.” (Daniel 3:27-29)
Jobs answered the Lord “I know Lord that You are all-powerful that you can do everything you want. You ask how I dare question your wisdom when I am so very ignorant. I talked about things that I did not understand, about marvels too great for me to know.
You told me while you spoke and try to answer your questions. In the past, I only knew what others had told me but now I have seen with you with my own eyes. So I am ashamed of all I have said and repent in dust and ashes (Jobs 42: 1-6)
If you correct conceited people, you will only be insulted. If you reprimand evil people, you will only get hurt. Never correct conceited people, they will hate you for it. But if you correct the wise, they will respect you. Anything you say to the wise, will make them wiser. Whatever you tell the righteous will add to their knowledge. To be wise, you must first have reverence for the Lord. If you know the Holy One, you have understanding. Wisdom will add years to life. You are the one who will profit if you have wisdom and if you reject it, you are the one who will suffer ~Proverbs 9: 7 -12
Stupidity is like a loud, ignorant, shameless person. To the foolish, (s)he says “Stolen water is sweeter. Stolen bread tastes better.” Her victims do not know that the people die who go her house, that those who have already entered are now in deep in the world of the dead ~ Proverbs9: 17-18
Got this antique pair of hamsa earrings at St. Lawrence Sunday Antique Market. It is only for 20 $. Hamsa prayer: Let no sadness come to this heart; Let no trouble come to these arms; Let no conflict come to these eyes. Let my soul be filled with the blessing of joy of peace.
Before your burden overcomes you, trust God to put His arms underneath you.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you – Isaiah 43:2
God, give me the faith of a little child! A faith that will look to Thee that will never will falter and never fail but follow Thee trustingly. Amen. (Showerman- Our Daily Bread Vol 10)